Our approach to the smart city starts from the creation of an efficient infrastructure capable of managing the large amount of data generated by the city in every moment. The open-source nature of our solution grants greater flexibility, making public investment safer and more transparent.
To be innovative, a data infrastructure in an urban context must meet certain requirements:
- The openness offered by an advanced open-source core component
- An effective security system to prevent damage and data loss
- Proper management of citizens’ privacy
- Adherence to the reference standards required at national and international level
- Integration with existing digital assets in the Public Administration
WiseTown’s urban infrastructure is based on an open-source engine (the WiseTown Engine) that collects and processes data from the multiple applications of the Public Administration. Depending on the specific needs of cities, the data management infrastructure is adapted to integrate with the local digital system. This integration takes place both in the data storage systems (on local servers or in the cloud) and in the many services intended for citizens.