The software provides some indicators to the user:
- location and number of issues;
- location and number of tasks;
- location in real-time of operator in the field;
- travel time to the city hospitals;
- number of incidents;
- number and position of citizen services;
- social networks analysis;
- real-time traffic;
- percentage of males / females detected at the access point;
- percentage of different age groups detected at the access point.
Users who access the TeamDev Situation Room for Crowd Analytics platform for Independence are of different types:
The citizen is any person who participates at Western Days festival. In addition to using their own social networks, it is able to send issues via the dedicated app.
The Room Manager is a sort of administrator and has access to all the monitoring data of the Situation Room.
The Staff Member belongs to an organization (e.g. police forces, volunteers, etc.). Each member needs to have access to a list of specific tasks assigned to him, as defined by the Room Manager.
Each user can have different access levels according to their specific tasks, in order to allow access to the operations made available to the software in a diversified manner.
The tasks and characteristics of each access are detailed below.
- normally use its social networks. The information published, tagged in an appropriate manner, will be scrapped by TeamDev Situation Room for Crowd Analytics
- control in real-time useful information about the event
- connect to a dedicated application to send reports to who manages the event
Room Manager can:
- check the general status of the event from the dashboard
- monitor alerts and issues from citizens
- assign tasks to the staff members
- monitor cameras and IoT sensors
- control the “sentiment” of the event through social networks
Staff Member can:
- monitor the event map according to its tasks
- receive operational tasks with priority level
- maintain a checklist of the tasks that must be performed
- send geolocalized position automatically
- self-assign new tasks that will also be displayed by the Room Manager
A Staff Member is a resource that takes care of specific tasks assigned to it. For example, a policeman, a volunteer, an ecologic operator, an emergency aid doctor, a person involved in a service for citizenship, etc.
Essential requirements for the mobile application must be the simplicity of use and the quick access to information.
This is because, in all probability, Staff Members in territory do not have enough time to devote to using an overly complex application, but they need to have immediate access to their list of tasks and check their progress.
The Staff Member needs to:
- check the general status of the event according to the competences and tasks assigned to it
- report in real time its position and its movements, so that it can be monitored by the Room Manager who is responsible for the assignment of specific tasks
- view the list of his tasks (sorted by priority) and take charge of those who can currently perform
- self-assign new tasks, which can also be viewed by the Room Manager in the Situation Room
The Staff Member mobile application offers a number of functionalities. The user can view a map in real time with points of interest highlighted. Furthermore, the user can monitor and change the status of his tasks: Pending, Started, Completed. Each task is associated with a priority set by the Room Manager during the creation of the task. Finally, the user can create his own tasks that will be made available also to the Situation Room, in order to allow a constant and real analysis of the resources in the territory.