WiseTown®Tripstories – IoT (Internet of Things)
Tourism by its very nature entails the movement of tourists from their source to the destination; tourism and mobility are therefore deeply interrelated. According with a recent DG move study mobility related to tourism has been identified as one of the most important air polluter.
Mobility needs to be smarter in order to meet environmental goals. Reconciling tourism mobility and environmental goals can be achieved through the adoption of appropriate technologies. Small and medium municipalities are not able to fully exploit such technologies: very often, the information related to the electrical (and in general environmental friendly) mobility is not connected with touristic information that enhance the experience of the tourists.
WiseTown®Tripstories showcase how a cloud ecosystem for Tourism and Smart Mobility can enable the municipalities to promote touristic paths and eco-tourism ( bike, electric cars) enhanced with the information from city sensors (traffic, weather, charging stations) and geo fencing enabling the municipalities to analyse touristic flows with simple dashboards – IoT (Internet of Things)
The main problems to be addressed are the following:
a) Local government needs new way to generate high quality incoming in their territories. Eco-tourism combined with smart mobility allow discovering territories in harmony with the nature and the local traditions.
b) There are only few disconnected platforms that promote this kind of tourism and the eco-mobility.
c)Usually these platforms don’t include a cartographic (GIS) visualization and geographical searches. These tools will allow joining the touristic information to create better and customized travel experience with personal and rented ecological cars, bikes, etc. The paths will be tagged in order to be classified for the kind of mobility that fits better for it.
- Creates interactive paths that are useful for citizens and tourists.
- Offers an innovative instrument allowing more users involvement and a better promotion of the territory.
- Suggests to users different solution basing on their preferences and position.
- Receives suggestions about the places of interest near his position (for example monuments or landscapes, hotels or ristaurants) with a notification.
- Can search the path that fits better his preferences using simple filters like the transport (for example bus, bike or car).
- Can review the places leaving a feedback using the app.
- Creation of diffent path to exploit the potential of the territory
- Visualization on a map of the path with the geolocalization of the user
- Search by filters of places, monuments, hotels or restaurants
- Notifications basing on user preferences and position about points-of-interest
- Interaction with users
- IoT, Social Network and database interation