Virtual Situation Room to monitor the security of Independence Day :: City of Independence (Oregon)
The city of Independence in Oregon adopts Situation Room for the management of Independence Day 2018 celebrations
THE SITUATION ROOM PLATFORM TO MONITOR THE 4 JULY CELEBRATIONS IN THE CITY OF INDEPENDENCE.
In 2018, the security of the largest American public event, Independence Day, in the city of Independence, Oregon (USA), was monitored with the digital technology of TeamDev.
TeamDev has developed the “WiseTown – Situation Room” platform, an event management system that leverages FIWARE technology. Together with the city
of Independence, is one of the winners of the FIWARE GCTC Challenge 2017 promoted by NIST (U.S. National Institute of Standards and Technology), FIWARE Mundus and FIWARE Foundation.
TeamDev and Independence were selected to create a Pilot that involved the use of the Situation Room platform for the event
of the Independence Day on July 4th, receiving a $ 25,000 prize.
Independence is a city of 8,600 inhabitants in the county of Polk, Oregon, in the United States, on the west bank of the Willamette River along the Oregon Route 51, and east of nearby Monmouth.
It is part of the Salem Metropolitan Statistical Area.
- Manage the safety of Independence Day, American National Day.
- Monitor the clumps of people to avoid crowds.
- Collect citizens’ reports.
- Act in real time directly in the field.
- Integrate data coming from sensors in the city
- Being able to interact in a single point with multiple information flows
- Monitor the management of problems by centralized direction
During the 4 days of celebrations of 4th July, the City of Independence of 8,600 inhabitants can host over 20,000 in an area of 7.30 km 2.
During the event, security is a major concern for the administration of the city, above all because the staff available for the management of an event of such proportions is under number.
The city institutions are very sensitive to progress and innovation, have the ambition to combine the tradition of the place made of history, culture and anniversaries, with the exceptional opportunities coming from new technologies.
WiseTown Situation Room
WiseTown® Situation Room is a platform composed of mobile components, an interface with social networks and a geographical control dashboardthat provides considerable assistance in the management of emergencies and events, showing in real time what is happening in a given scenario. It integrates and processes information related to a specific place from different sources, as IoT sensors, social networks and other data collection applications. From their interpretation it is possible to obtain useful information for decision making, which are made by sending tasks to specific and qualified staff located in the territory.
Through Situation Room it is possible to monitor and detail an event based on its spatial and temporal characteristics.
- Monitor the safety of an event and prevent dangerous situations
- Possibility to involve various figures simultaneously
- Speed up intervention practices
- Optimize communication with citizens and collect their reports
- Possibility of integrations with third-party solutions
- Zero impact installation on the territory
The Situation Room Platform has enabled the event to be monitored in real time and monitored by people’s densification, traffic management and communication with citizens.
«Security is always a concern, and we don’t have enough people locally to manage an event this large. WiseTown represents an effective way to monitor and support our event operations »
- FIWARE blog: WiseTown – situation room platform used to monitor the 4th of july celebration in the city of independence https://www.fiware.org/2018/09/06/wisetown-situation-room-platform-based-on-fiware-tech-used-to-monitor-the-4th-of-july-celebration/
- 1859 Oregon’s Magazine: Independence, Oregon: City of the future. https://1859oregonmagazine.com/backissues/july-august-2018/ (pag. 68)
- Corriere dell’Umbria del 7 luglio 2018, pag.13: «Independence Day, sicurezza perugina» – In Oregon festeggiamenti controllati da sistemi innovativi: un team ha ideato sensori per verificare gli assembramenti
- Corriere dell’economia: Independence Day in Oregon: sicurezza affidata al Made in Umbria – La software house TeamDev monitorerà le celebrazioni di Independence con la dashboard geografica SituationRoom https://www.corrieredelleconomia.it/2018/07/03/independence-day-in-oregon-sicurezza-affidata-al-made-in-umbria/
- breakingtech.it: Una startup Italiana ha gestito la sicurezza dell’Independence Day https://breakingtech.it/festeggiamenti-usa-startup-italiana/
- PerugiaToday: Tecnologia “made in italy” per gestire la sicurezza di Independence Day: Sono già iniziati i festeggiamenti per l’Independence Day. In Oregon, la sicurezza del grande evento viene affidata alla tecnologia italiana http://www.perugiatoday.it/tecnologia-made-in-italy-per-gestire-la-sicurezza-di-independence-day-5581145.html
- City Journal: Usa, tecnologia made in Umbria per gestire la sicurezza di Independence Day https://cityjournal.it/2018/07/usa-tecnologia-made-in-umbria-per-gestire-la-sicurezza-di-independence-day/
- IlTamTam.it: Web app umbra per la festa Usa del 4 luglio http://www.iltamtam.it/2018/03/15/web-app-umbra-per-la-festa-usa-del-4-luglio/
- La NotiziaQuotidiana: Festa del 4 Luglio, ad Indipendence sicurezza garantita da un’app umbra http://www.lanotiziaquotidiana.it/umbria/2018/03/15/festa-del-4-luglio-ad-indipendence-sicurezza-garantita-da-unapp-umbra/
- PerugiaToday: Aziende umbre che sfondano negli Usa: la sicurezza e le comunicazioni per i festeggiamenti del 4 luglio gestite da un App perugina – “Made in Umbria che spacca! La sicurezza per la festa del 4 luglio Usa gestita da un App perugina“ www.perugiatoday.it/economia/app-teamdev-perugina-gestione-festa-4-luglio-2018-oregon.html
- UmbriaLeft: 4 Luglio sicuro in Oregon grazie alla “TeamDev” http://www.umbrialeft.it/notizie/4-luglio-sicuro-oregon-grazie-alla-%E2%80%9Cteamdev%E2%80%9D
- Aosta.voxpublica.it: Da un’azienda umbra un software per la sicurezza delle città Usa http://aosta.voxpublica.it/1.218/attualit%C3%A0/umbria-perugia/3800/da-unazienda-umbra-un-software-la-sicurezza-delle-citt%C3%A0-usa
- Investing.com: Da azienda software sicurezza città Usa https://it.investing.com/news/world-news/da-azienda-software-sicurezza-citta-usa-552013
- Finanza 24h: Da azienda software sicurezza città Usa https://finanza-24h.com/da-azienda-software-sicurezza-citta-usa/
- Agenparl: Perugia:Teamdev è la Web app umbra per la sicurezza e il monitoraggio del più grande evento USa https://www.agenparl.eu/perugiateamdev-la-web-app-umbra-la-sicurezza-monitoraggio-del-piu-grande-evento-usa/
- Corriere dell’Umbria-venerdì 16 marzo 2018: “App della sicurezza tutta perugina conquista gli USA”
- La voce del territorio: Da un’azienda umbra il software di sicurezza per la città di Independence in Oregon http://www.lavocedelterritorio.it/index.php/unazienda-umbra-software-sicurezza-la-citta-independence-oregon/